Kumusta po gang!!
After a 20 + hours of travel, I made it to the Philippines🥳🤯I'm not cooked, I just had to get you guys to open my email.😁 I've been doing well. It's just a bit hard to understand people. I just nod and smile👍
Word of the week: Pogi 😎 (handsome)
Top 10 highlights of the week:
10. I've been catcalled so much (I'm used to it obviously😁), but what this Lady said yesterday was the craziest. “Put a kid in me” 😨🤢 I was shocked to say the least. Well, at first I didn't know what she said because my Tagalog understanding is just ok, but when my comp translated…😱
9. I've been called Joseph Smith like 300 times, so many kids will just come up to me. And the members in the ward think its hilarious 🤣🤣 But at this point I'm just like 😐
8. I tried a small dried fish that these kids gave to me 🐟 it was so gross🤢 but also Elder Bulilan cooked us some chicken adobo and it was delish😁 and of course we had loads of rice🍚🍚 we’ve also tried a bunch of different food places like a Chinese place and even a BBQ ribs place.
7. We've been riding around on tricycles which are fun to ride in, it's a motorcycle with a sidecar. It's a bit scary because we almost get in a crash almost daily.🛵🛺 We also took a jeepney once, which is a long jeep or small bus thing. 🚙
6. I had my first mango🥭!! It was so delish! I need to try them all but unfortunately it's not mango season now. We had McDonalds in the Philippines and I got rice and chicken😅 the whole meal was like $1.20 in American dollars. I'm balling here in the Philippines💴💰
5. We attended a baptism and I got called on to confirm him as a member without warning😲 it went well though, because it was all in English which was nice.
4. I had my first bucket shower!!! Wow, it's an experience. It's actually pretty nasty. We use the same cup to pour water into our toilet to flush it😑 it's been a bit of a struggle adjusting. But the cold water isn't so bad considering we start sweating even just from sitting down in our apartment. ☀️
3. I got put in a Trio!!!🤯 My trainers are Elder Bulilan and Ireland. They're both veterans and super fun. Ireland is from Arizona and Bulilan is from the Philippines. They've both been out about a year. They speak good Tagalog, especially Bulilan and our lessons have been pretty fire.🔥
2. Our aura here is through the roof🕶 ✨️ Everyone says hi to us and says “ayyy🤙” or "gang gang🤟" but everyone loves us and it's nice. This nanay gave us snacks and drinks from her shop after a lesson😋
1. Probably the weirdest thing that happened to us is we were teaching a nanay and in the middle of the lesson her baby lifted up her shirt and started breastfeeding😱😰👶 We just continued on with the lesson but it was crazy. But it was wild and apparently this isn't even the first time…
Spiritual na isip:
Alma 36:27
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."
I love this verse because when we trust the Lord, He will deliver us. I know during my time in the Philippines this will be super important and I'll come across struggles of all kinds. But the Lord's ways are higher than ours and His plan is for our good, so trust in the Lord!!😁😇
That's all I got. I only get 30 minutes to write emails and an hour to call. So things are locking down😔
But thank you for your prayers and emails even if I don't get back to you!!
Elder Tyson Smith

.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment