I leave the 15th. Its actually crazy but I can't wait to leave😁.
Word of the week: Baboy🐖🫲🏻(pig)
ESPN Top 10 Highlights of the week:
10. We played our op district in volleyball and lowkey got cooked. Ok not cooked it was like 20-25 but they haven't let us live it down. The overall record is 2-1 and they're winning, so we're gonna have to lock in and beat them before we leave or I'll be mad😡.
9. We've had a couple chill singing in the shower sessions to boost morale and bond as Elders. Giving up music has been so hard but we still sing some of our favorites sometimes.
8. We hit the gym 5 times this week. Absolute new record, it's because we've been really trying to wake up on time and get out the door. We legitimately wake up at 6:28 and are at the gym at 6:35. We roll outta bed and hit the weights, but it helps us wake up and start the day right.
7. We went to Chipotle after the temple which was SOO GAS🔥 it actually healed me and I think I'm a new man.
6. I'm so up in tie trading I have so much heat now. It's nice to finally not look like an NPC. I'll have to drop a closet tour soon so stay tuned.
5. We had a music devotional from Emma Nissen. She was actually really good and sounded just like Adele.
4. My roommates leave for the Manila MTC tomorrow. They got here the week after us and leave the week before us. We've been here SOO long. They were super cool roommates though they were funny. They never made it to bed on time so I just had to turn the lights out on them. But I'll miss them for sure.
3. We did spring cleaning this week so we got to skip our first class to deep clean our classroom and dorm room. Our dorm room actually stinks, sometimes at night the smell is overwhelming and I just want to suffocate myself in my pillow. The stench seems to follow a certain person in my room, not my comp thankfully.
2. We have sworn to speak only Tagalog for the rest of our stay here to each other. It's insane but it'll help us so much.
1. General conference was this week and it was crazy! It was like the first general conference where I watched and took notes on every talk and it was so cool. So many cool stories and great insights and powerful messages. Definitely the highlight of my week listening to the Prophet and the leaders of the church.
Spiritual na isip:
The Prophet Russell M Nelson spoke in general conference this weekend and a couple things he said stood out to me.
He asked:
"To whom or what will I give my life?"
What is the most important influence in our lives, is it God or is it our own desires? He went on to say that when we choose God, our other decisions will become easier.
And another thing he challenged us to do
"Rededicate yourself to Christ"
Make the effort to choose to follow Christ and His teachings. Even if you've made that decision before, now is a good time to self evaluate and ponder on how you can better dedicate yourself to Him. Live intentionally and make mindful decisions each day that will bring you closer to Christ.
Kita Kits!
Elder Tyson Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment