What's good
Another week is in the books. I'm not even gonna do a language update. It's still rough
Word of the Week: Ayos lang (just alright)
This basically just means you’re chilling. It's what cool people here say.
ESPN Top 10 Highlights of the Week:
10. We had a member lunch this week and wow it was bad. They served us jackfruit which was this slimy purple fruit, rice that the lady said she cooked wrong, and chicken
. Obviously I’m very grateful that these people offered their food to us and invited us over, BUT I will not be returning. THERE WAS A WORM IN THE FOOD…
that's actually my worst nightmare and it came true. 3/10 meal
9. I hate mosquitoes. But they love me
I swear I have 10 new bites every day and it pisses me off. And holy they itch so bad. Maybe I have bed bugs too because I wake up with more than I had when I went to bed. So safe to say bugs are just feasting on me.
8. I saw a carabao in Sampaloc. It was like a cow idk, and I went to go get a pic with him and he got so mad and lunged at me, I got away luckily but it was a bit sketchy. He's lucky I didn't just tackle him cause I was thinking about it

7. We went through the meat market on PDay just cause we were bored and there's nothing else to do and I saw a pig head, and the pig was bleeding out of his nose
poor guy
idk we didn't really know what to do so we just explored cause we're adventurous
6. We had another dinner appointment, but this time the food was worm free AND the dad spoke pretty good English so we just talked about boxing and America and stuff so it was pretty fun. We watched some youtube videos of Las Vegas so I could show him where I'm from and he was amazed.
5. We went back to the barber to get a haircut, and honestly I might just go every week. It's literally like $1 and after much trial and tribulation, including getting absolutely wrecked by a barber , I found a good one. We had to work through the language barrier a little bit, he almost took everything off with a skin fade, but now he gets me right
appreciate you Zane
!!!
4. For P Day we popped in at a local volleyball game
, it was a tournament of a lot of schools and it got pretty intense. The announcer was going wild and that was really funny. Wish I could understand what he was saying tho
they were kinda killing it so it was fun to watch.
3. I played some basketball with these kids that we’re teaching.
It was on a dirt court and my white shirt was not having it. It got a bit dirty only because I was saucing the kids up, they were so lost
. I was hitting spin moves, crossovers, all in my loafers. Safe to say we won. And I told them if I beat them they have to get baptized so… jk but maybe I'll try that tactic next time.
2. This Wednesday we went down to the Manila MTC to get fingerprinted for our VISAs. So all the new missionaries pulled up and I got to talk to my boys from QCN and my original MTC district for a few minutes before some lady dragged me inside
like bruh. Anyways it was good to see them and it was fun being with the squad for a sec.
1.I went on exchanges with Elder Obena in Sampaloc. So for the day I was in a different area with a new companion. He’s really fun, we were singing some Daniel Caesar
while we were walking to appointments which was fire. And that night we played monopoly with our roommates.
It was really fun, and Sampaloc is not nearly as hot as the area I'm in so it was fire, and I gave some fire lessons and impressed him I think
Espiritual na Isip:
3 Nephi 11:11
11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
This is the first thing Christ said when he visited the people in ancient America.
I really like the word “light”, Jesus Christ is the light of the world. And like light, his teachings, his gospel, and his example, give us guidance and hope in a dark world.
There are many traps and snares and hazards in the world and if we have no light to see them, we will be easily snatched up and or harmed. However, through following his teachings and his gospel, a lot of these hazards are made aware to us. We know what is wrong and harmful To us physically and spiritually. And the Holy Ghost can help us discern And give us further light and guidance.
And the light of Christ can be seen in us too. As we strive to become more Christlike and follow his example, others around us will notice it. They will see the light of Christ in us and we should not be shy to tell them what they are seeing or noticing.
————————
That's all I got for you, maybe I'll do some crazy stuff next week so I'll have something super cool to share.
Elder Tyson Smith 


.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment