Monday, August 4, 2025

Taguig Area- Philippines: Week 22- Kiss GoodbyeπŸ’‹

Chat this is it

Might be my last email here in Taguig...πŸ˜“

Word of the week: lipat (move)🧳

I've been in this area for 6 months, and this week is transfer announcements, although President Robinson already spoiled it a bit for me and told me I'll be leavingπŸͺ¦

ESPN TOP 10 HIGHLIGHTS:

10 Got a kiss this weekπŸ’‹πŸ₯° jk it was actually weird. Some nanay probably like 80 y/o who is the mom of the bishopric but not a member asked to take a picture with me and my comp. And then she grabbed my face and kissed my cheek...😱 I'm scared I can't lie, crazy fr. Like chill on me I'm a missionary still.πŸ˜…

9 This PDay was the worst, not actually but getting home was. It was traffic and we were like an hour ride away from the cribπŸš™ and we were waiting outside for a jeep. But all of them were full... so 2 HOURS LATER, we finally got in one. It started raining on us while we were just stranded on the side of the road. Cooked.🌧

Elder Freeman is fungus. πŸ¦  He said he has fungus on his foot which is pretty funny to me but he was lowkey tweaking. I think it spread to his brain already because he's been crashing out πŸ˜΅‍πŸ’« but idk

Nanay Bote the GOAT invited us over to meet all her extended family, so legit it was just us and like a bunch of her brothers and sisters. Some from CanadaπŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ and other places which was cool. But they were just hyping up our tagalog and putting Elder Freeman onto their grandkids🀣 good times

6 I think I had my final DCM this week w/ the district. I didn't even realize it, lowkey. I did an F1 council πŸŽ which I thought was fire, but I did prepare for it the night before at like 12 so maybe I was just delirious.😴 but yeah thats a wrap for Taguig District.🫑 Also, the zone # for the month is SHOCK THE WORLD 47! 47 baptisms are happening in Taguig, tiwala lang(just trust).🀞

Went to the mall outside our zone last PDay (w/ permission), so we were far from home.  We went shopping, and they had a FOOTLOCKER. Yo? I would've copped a Nike tech but they didn't even have any...πŸ˜ͺ tryna be central cee in the Philippines but wala(nothing).

This week we got a referral, apparently it comes from the AREA 70... yo?? It's like his work mate or something. Gulp. No pressure😳

We had a media referral this week, brother RJ. He's 35 and wants to find God because he hasn't been religious for 15 years. We went to his home and taught a really great lesson centered on Jesus Christ. πŸ˜ We touched on the BoM, gave him one. He said he'll be at church. Sure enough he was there early on Sunday holding his book of Mormon. πŸ“˜ We're gonna get back to him and extend ASAP

Yesterday I had my farewell FHE at one of our good friends' houses. Which was kinda sad because my RCs(recent converts) and some workers were there, and they each had messages for me and started crying. It was sad fr.😿 Legit the 11yo boy we just baptized said "wag ka umalis" (don't leave) then cried. πŸ₯Ή gonna miss bro and this area. 

1 Bought some new fire Nike running shoes because we went for a run 4 days this week.πŸƒ‍♂️πŸ‘Ÿ tryna lock back in. But we have this place where we go run on the coast of a lake and its pretty magandaπŸŒ„ 

Espiritual na isip:

DC 58:26

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.

Love this verse that was shared in DCM today. 
Even if we do what we're told, we need to be doing stuff out of our own will and that's how we grow and build good habits and our own testimony and relationship with Christ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Smith





No comments:

Post a Comment