What's good OGs
Word of the week: sus
(not a word in Tagalog) The food here is so sus.
ESPN Top 10 Highlights
10. We had a festival in our city this week but we were not allowed to go, I don't think. For dinner time though we went out to grab some food and check out what they had.
9. We went thrifting but there was nothing good, and also no fans so I was dripping sweat looking through people's old clothes![]()
![]()
8. Me and Elder Ireland were a companionship for a day. Elder Bulilan had a Filipino only meeting to go to, so the 2 Americans had to take over. It was chill we were cooking in our lessons.
7. One of our friends came to church with a grocery bag full of raw fish. They took it into sacrament meeting and put it under their chair, no ice or anything.![]()
They gave it to us after church, which was very kind. Later when we cooked up the fish I ate a fish eyeball which was DISGUSTING
Oh my it was weird.
6. I ate with my hands for the first time, just chicken and rice but still. It was really weird, It feels a bit too barbaric
and your hands get so dirty after. utensils are the GOAT![]()
5. We went to a birthday party for this nanay (old lady) . She cooked a HUGE meal for us. We brought her a cake but she made spaghetti, more noodles, rice, chicken, sticky rice, and bread. We already ate lunch before, but we had to just eat because there was SO much food. And I used the age old charmer “how old are you now … 78!?!? No way I thought you were 58
” she loved it
shoutout my goated MTC teachers for teaching me that.![]()
4. I memorized Joseph Smith's first vision in Tagalog. My trainer told me right before we taught to memorize it so I could teach it and I legit learned the whole thing in 30 minutes. The gift of tongues is clutch
except we didn't even end up teaching it
but now I know it at least.
3. This Filipino kid taught me some slang “sana all” which means "I wish” and “astig” which is just like cool. And I taught him “fire” and “tuff” and “lock in” but probably the funniest thing I heard all week was 2 kids talking in Tagalog and one kid called the other “bakla” (gay) and he said in perfect English with a straight face "I'm not gay bruh"
it was so funny![]()
2. I drank coffee. A member made this drink with jelly in it and I drank it, it wasn't good but I was trying to be respectful, because I'm a respectful young man, then my comp took a sip and spit it out and asked what it was. And of course it's coffee jelly.
They felt really bad.![]()
1. I tried balut, chicken head, and chicken intestines all in one day. If I'm gonna be sick I might as well get it out of the way in one day. Balut
- is a baby duck egg boiled. It was so gross to look at, there were like purple veins in it and the chick inside oh myyy
It tastes fine, just the texture was so whack. Chicken intestines - It was even worse. I think my chicken intestines still had stuff inside them![]()
which is NASTY. I didn't finish it. Chicken head
- honestly not bad surprisingly. I think I ate some of the brain too. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to eat it, so I just went at it and ate some skull in the process.
Spiritual na isip:
Helaman 5:12
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall"
If we center our lives on the Savior Jesus Christ, not only will we be able to withstand temptations, but we will have no more desire to do evil. Decisions become easier when we know who we want to follow, and decide now that we want to choose whatever path he has created for us. When Christ Is our foundation the blessings that will come are so much greater than the sacrifices.
——————————
Ingat po!
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment