Kumusta po lahat!!
Its week 3 in the field and I'm not going to lie, I still feel like an alien here.π½Everything is so crazy to me and of course I can't understand anyone because they all speak so fast, but its been interesting and fun at times so don't worry too much.
Word of the week: Sige (ok) (see-gee)- This is a word I use a lot when someone talks to me. I either just say mmmmm sige sige and nod my head or stare blankly at them. Both mean I didn't understand a word they said.
ESPN Top 10 Highlights of the week:
Honorable mention:
A kid found out my first name and now they all know It so they call me Tyson which is pretty funny
10. Holy mosquitos are in love with me. Maybe it's my tan bronze skin. (joke lang) but it makes me mad. I legit think I got like 10 bites in one night. Probably mostly my fault for not wearing any bug spray. I'm just on a dengue (disease) speedrun!
9. We had to end companionship workouts because a member of our trio was complaining and getting mad about it.
There's a small fight between them right now which is a bit weird to be in the middle of.
8. We got referred to brother Wally who is really excited about the gospel and a golden find. He is very engaged in the lessons and at church and should be baptised later this month!
7. I cooked chicken africada which was pretty good. It's just a lot of regular ingredients with a suspect sauce, and then we put in the chicken which still had bone in it so we just had to eat around it. Unfortunately, I think I dished myself its ribcage cause there was about a bone every centimeter of chicken.
6. We had 2 of our friends' birthdays this week so we each gave a tie to the first kid because he said he only had 1 tie. And a big bag of rambuten, his favorite fruit. The second guy came to church for the first time on his birthday, so we bought him a cake. He said it was the first time he's received a cake since he was a kid (he’s 26)
5. This kid showed me his spider fighting collection which was sick. Apparently people collect big spiders and have them fight on like a chopstick, which is actually so fun. Why have I not thought of that? They bet on the fights, so maybe next time I'll going all in with ₱1000 (j/k)
4. Since we're not supposed to listen to music, whenever we're out at a restaurant or in a store we always ask if they have a speaker and if we can make song requests. It's so funny and we get to listen to some bangers like bruno mars “die with a smile”. We've listened to SZA, Bruno, Tyler the creator. It boosts our mood
3. We had UNLIMITED chicken wings at this restaurant! And for just $5
that's a steal. Unfortunately, the lady was taking her time bringing out more rounds because she probably knew we were gonna eat 100 each, so we only got through 20 wings before our curfew,
still they were fire.
2. I got to lead my first lesson!! It was a little shaky at times but mostly pretty good.
I think they understood me, which is ideal. I taught God is our loving Heavenly Father.
1. We had 21 of the friends we're teaching come to church on Sunday!!! We were so happy to see them all there, it was eight of their first times!
Spiritual na isip:
“Yesterdays history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, thats why its called the present” -Master Oogway
This quote was used in a district meeting and I really like it. Focus on what you can do today! Make the most of each day and don't worry about the past so much because you can't change it. Focus on today and look forward to the future. But be where you are, which is today!
Make the most of each and every day!
__________________
Love you all,
Elder Tyson Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment