Magandang Umaga Po!!![]()
![]()
Kinda a crazy week but it's been pretty fun and it's been moving a bit faster now.
Word of the week: chismis (gossip)
I feel like I can finally understand people now. I've been able to just talk to anyone I want and I can understand and hold a conversation, which has made things so much better. So grateful for the gift of tongues. It's coming in clutch right now.
ESPN Top 10 Highlights of the Week:
10. Elder Bulilan transferred
He moved to another area and actually became DL so good for that guy. Learned lots from him, he was a pretty fire trainer. I taught him some slang which he doesn't quite know how to properly use so it still needs work, but he was super fun and his english was great so we cooked and had fun.
9. I dropped a bowl of PIPING hot oatmeal… It was really devastating. I think I probably had a slight first degree burn on my fingers. I couldn't even save it because I dropped it face down. I just went hungry because that was the last of the oats.
super sad. AND the bowl broke. It really ruined my morning.
8. I got served RAW chicken. We went to some shady thai restaurant and I just ordered some fried chicken and rice because it was expensive and I'm not the biggest Thai fan. But they brought the chicken out, I cut into it and it's legit purple pink in the middle. Like they just handed me a raw breast with breading on it. I basically lost my whole appetite. I didn't even have to say anything, the waiter just looked over my shoulder and then took the chicken and fried it again so I think I'm safe from salmonella.
7. I met my new comp! Elder Docilidad, he's a hard worker so hopefully we're gonna kill it this transfer. His english is pretty solid too so we're gonna be just fine. Only con is that my google photos album might be drier than the sahara desert because Elder Bulilan was my photographer, so RIP to my photos. JK I'll still try to take some but say goodbye to the fire candids
Docilidad is pretty cool, he's crazy at basketball so we're definitely gonna be playing a lot more which I'm hype for.
6. We had a zone conference which meant for like 8 hours we were in a chapel listening to council from our President. It might've been the only time I've been cold here in the Philippines, the AC was PUMPING. I brought a long sleeve and I was still cold. But the advice was pretty fire, he dropped some spiritual bombs and we got to eat nutella and bread for breakfast and adobo pork and squash for lunch. So pretty worth it if you ask me. This coming week we have a foreigner conference, so just all the americans and islanders and everyone not filipino is gonna pull up so it should be hype.
5. We requested bikes for our area because wow the travel money is way too expensive. So hopefully I'll be able to afford food again in the upcoming weeks once the bikes come in. IF they get approved. If they don't I'll probably just become malnourished because I have to spend all my money on transportation... jk we'll make it all work out. I guess I'm really gonna learn how to budget on my mission
. Apparently the whole Philippines is reviewing if bikes are even safe here… so we won't hold our breath for bikes.
4. On Elder Bulilans last day here we played basketball in the morning
It's only our second time ever playing after saying we'd play like every other day... so my jumpshot is kinda broken but it went in every once and a while. A member passed by and saw us so we chatted with him for a bit and he told us to try some sort of sticky rice with coconut which was pretty fire. We kinda just spent the day visiting people that he wanted to say bye to, we bought a big chicken, and that was it. Elder Bulilan is awesome and I'm gonna miss that dude.
3. We had a member meal that was pretty hilarious. They made us bikol express which is some kinda pink pork cooked in coconut milk. It was actually pretty delish. Also the family was pretty funny. They were just talking about how they were happily married for 2 years then it went downhill. I think they were joking. It was a good meal.
2. We got to go to the Mission Presidents house for lunch because our whole zone achieved the baptismal goal
YAY! So we got to eat some fire food, it was adobo pork and lumpia so finally nothing too nasty. It was fun, but it took up our whole day. The Mission President's house is nice, I looked in his freezer and there were like 5 tubs of ice cream!!! I'm pretty sure it's not all for him, but dang.
1.My comp got kissed!!!! Don't worry guys he didn't get sent home. Basically some crazy drug addict guy just ran up to him while we were shopping, and kissed him on the cheek
and then ran away giggling. It was actually hilarious. I think if I was him I'd be so mad, but he was just so shocked he didn't even do anything. Maybe when you've been in the mission so long you just take what you can get, just kidding but it was pretty funny.
Spiritual na isip:
I was reading in Helaman chapter 1 this week in the Book of Mormon and a lot of chaos, a lot of wickedness all began because of a disagreement. It led to an attempted revolution, and to murders. This all could have been avoided if the people Had remained level headed.
When we are angry we tend to act rashly or without much thought which leads to regret and bad decisions.
This reminded me of a talk by Prophet Gordan B Hinkley titled “Slow to Anger”
“Now, my dear brethren, in closing I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that will be wonderful.”
The prophetic promises of simply being slow to anger that Prophet Hinkley shares here are really amazing. By simply controlling our anger, our lives will be blessed in so many ways. I loved this talk by Prophet Gordan B Hinkley and I'm grateful for scriptures which give us a guide on what we should do each and every day to maximize our happiness.
So this week do your best to be slow to anger and to exemplify the attributes of The Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, in all your interactions with others.
______________________
Appreciate you OGs
Elder Tyson Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment