Monday, February 10, 2025

Tanay Area- Philippines: Week 17

 Happy Superbowl Sunday


I’ve officially hit my 6 month mark‼️πŸ“† Dang that's crazy more than 25% done with my mission. But BOY🫲 it's about time! Jk that's kinda crazy I'm ¼ of the way done. 

Word of the Week: Lipat (move)

Guys… I'm moving. 

Top 10 Highlights of the week:

10 I missed the SuperbowlπŸ™ It's actually really sad, the Superbowl, college football playoffs, I'm devastated. We tried to watch it but no one has youtube. So maybe we can just see the highlights later but idk. I saw the eagles won ayyyy that's tuff.πŸ¦…

9 We were teaching some really old guy and he was telling us about how pee is medicine🀨. We were like no bro it is definitely not, you shouldn't take that advice. We tried to find out if he had before but we never got a clear answer, but I mean he's still alive at 78 which Is pretty impressive so maybe he is onto something. πŸ˜Ή

8 I got fed the worst tasting meal here probably. It was some mini shrimp🦐, glass noodles, and beans or something. Idk why but it was NASTY🀒. And it was really hard to get down and the kid just kept piling it on my plate. I literally was like “ayaw ko” (I don't want to) but he just laughed and put more. I legit couldn't finish it, I ended up feeding it to their dog when they weren't looking which was really scary, if they saw that…😭 

7 This week is so dry. I'm including a dream I had😭 basically the other night I went to a Travis Scott concert in my dream. It was actually pretty hype, he dropped a new album and everything and of course I was VIP. So I might be having withdrawals from music idk if its too early to consult a doctor or something πŸ˜…

6 Our friend gave us 4 fish,🐟 ik super nice of them! We actually cooked it, we almost just gave it away cause I'm not the biggest fan of tilapia, especially here because the water is just nasty. But Elder Docilidad cooked it and it was pretty decent except our house smelled like fish for a few days after.πŸ™

5 Our friends are getting married this week which is pretty sick. I'm jealous🀣 jk but this last P Day we kinda just helped them most of the day process their papers. They'll be married on Feb 14 on Valentines day awww❤️❤️❤️ and we get to go to that which will be pretty interesting, my first Filipino weddingπŸ’

4 We went pet shopping this week because there's a small pet shop. Lowkey one of the white and black catfish was calling my name and I probably should've scooped him up and provided him a loving home but my comp said we better not. Also since I'm moving soon I don't know how that'd work out. Maybe in the next area I'll buy a pet fish. That's my dream pet. That would be so sick a giant pet fish.πŸ πŸ’™

3 The sisters moved into a new apartment this week and it's really nice, it's very modern. So we got to help them move in for a few hours!! Fun! It was all worth it because they bought us dinner after ayyy😁 we needed that.

2 We had our interviews with the Mission President this week and he dropped some crazy news on me, I'm transferring! He said probably to Taguig, which is a city area but it's not final yet. But that's crazy, I'm might be going to the city ayyyπŸ™. I've heard it's pretty cool and a lot more normal so maybe my emails won't be as cool but at least I might not have worms in my food and cockroaches on my walls. FEB 20 is the day that I should be moving which is good because we have 4 baptisms Feb 16 that I'll be able to be here for.😁

1 ALSO, I'm not only transferring, but he called me as a Senior Companion! He said Senior Comp or Follow up Trainer… so my new comp will either be still in training or just out of it. Which means in the field for 3 months or less which is only like a month behind me😭 The Mission President also said my new comp would be a foreigner, which you might think is fire because it's probably an American, but… 2 American dudes that still are cooked at Tagalog… we might be toastedπŸ˜…. But I'm actually super excited it's gonna be interesting.😁

Espiritual na isip:

Moses 5:5-6

5. And he gave unto them commandments, that they should worship the Lord their God, and should offer the firstlings of their flocks, for an offering unto the Lord. And Adam was obedient unto the commandments of the Lord.

 6. And after many days an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying: Why dost thou offer sacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him: I know not, save the Lord commanded me

I love these 2 verses that show Adams' obedience and absolute trust in the Lord. We don't need to have all the answers, we don't need to know exactly why we do or don't do things. If God commanded it of us we can know it's for our good. 

The most common one we get is why is coffee and tea something that we should abstain from? I'm not gonna lie, it's not as easy to explain as drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol. But I know that God Created each of us individually, He created our bodies and knows how they work because He designed them. So He knows better than anyone what we should and what we shouldn't be taking. He's our perfect doctor.

----------------

Elder Tyson Smith✌️




No comments:

Post a Comment