Tuesday, June 24, 2025

Taguig Area- Philippines: Week 16- Who gon carry the boats??🛶

 Greetings ️

Word of the week: Masipag (hard working)

Song I miss: Heartbreak Anniversary - GIVEON

ESPN TOP 10 HIGHLIGHTS:

10. This week we saw some drunk guy drive his motorcycle off an edge and into this dirty, black water sewage canal... it was actually crazy. It's the most MABAHO body of water I think in the world. And bro fell in. He eventually got his bike out, but I think the smell is in his skin forever But legit so crazy stay sober ️

9. The water pressure in our apartment sucks, we're on the 3rd floor so when it's busy like in the mornings we don't have water... so I haven't showered in 2 weeks just kidding obvi I shower. But it's so annoying, the water is like trickling out of the shower head. but the other day there was 0 water. I didn't like going out to work without showering. 

8. We teach some kids and they all play Roblox and their favorite game is "grow a garden". Like that's all they do. So in order to keep them engaged in the lessons, I taught a few Roblox parables . It was actually kind of fire because I talked about how Jesus is the gardener and His words are water and the sun. So we need to take in both those things everyday to grow strong and fruitful. 

7. Lowkey thought I could go my whole mission without trying this. But I ate OYSTERS... bro whattt???? Actually nasty. 1/10. It got a 1 cause at least its substance, but its so gross. 

6. We are so UP!!! APs came in clutch and brought me a new phone. It's not actually new, but it's better than my last one. Galaxy A34 5G if you're wondering, not Apple. They also brought another electric fan!!! We have 0 screwdrivers so it's not very stable but it gets the job done 

5. Slept over at the ZLs crib for Elder Lavea's birthday!! Stayed up late, unfortunately, but it was fun. Just copped some boof burgers and chopped it up. The plan was basketball in the morning but when 6:30 came around we were too slumped. 

4. My mission presidents are going home so they invited a few of us out to a special breakfast with them. It was like an hour away so we had to wake up at 4. But it was in such a nice place and the food was gas. They legit had everything. And I got to see my old comp, Elder Maag, and my guy Elder Brainard. Cool experience though, gonna miss the Fantones 

3. This week our DCM council was about David Goggins I told his story, trying to hype up the district for the goals we set. We set the district hashtag #STAYHARD And legit we hit the top numbers in the whole mission ️ David Goggins can be applied in any situation!! Taguig District carrying the boats fr 

2. Today I got to see oneof my recent converts brother Kirby ordained to priest and receive the Aaronic priesthood. Pretty cool feeling seeing progress of our friends and watching them not just progress to baptism but to an active, functioning member. 

1. Today we had a couple more baptisms. This one I've been waiting for a long time. Acel Centeno got baptized!!!! Been teaching him about 2 months now, he just had to be delayed for Word of Wisdom. But he fought through it, never wavered his faith and was dunked today.

Truly believe we were led to him. One night we were on our way home and we saw this kid come up and give us a high five. Idk why but I was prompted to ask him to introduce us to his family. His 13 yo brother answered, Acel wasn't even there at the time and we thought nothing of it. We returned the following day and Acel was there kind of in the background listening. Found out their family situation that Acel (16yo) was left to man the house as his mom was abroad and dad in jail. Acel heard our message and became our main focus. He struggled with WOW as he had a lot of bad influences, but we saw the gospel change his life as he strived to follow Christ. And this week he was baptized, setting a great example for his younger brothers. 

That's your spiritual thought for the day. But I'll just say I've really enjoyed studying the scriptures and have been learning lots. There's a quote I like that says:

 "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man" 

Mmmmmm bro cooked with that quote 

But it's true with the scriptures that no matter how many times you read it, the spirit can always teach you something new.

Elder Tyson Smith






No comments:

Post a Comment