Monday, June 16, 2025

Taguig Area- Philippines: Week 15- ANOTHA ONE - DJ KHALED🗣

Word of the week: putik (mud) Also used like frick - "putik na yan"

Song I'm missing: Ghost Town - Kanye West

Top 10 ESPN TOP 10 HIGHLIGHTS:

10. Bro Van is leaving!! He is that RM that would work w/ us and he's GANG.  He left this week to go back to his province.😿

9. This week I partook of blood soup🩸😖. Like legit soup made with just like pig blood. And it's not even meat chunks it's just pig FAT!!! BROO what is thatttt???? She just gave it to us like it was nothing. Kadiri🤢🤮 2/10

8. We had dinner at this rich member's house and he fed us crab. Like legit crab in the shell🦀. I can't lie, I think it's my first time besides lobster. It was alright but lowkey I didn't mess with it👎. Super nice dude though.

7. Our second electric fan broke...💀 we are down to ONE fan bruh! It's impeyerno at our crib and we have one fan on rotate @ the crib. The apartment elders just read our message but they must hate us or something. Also my phone has been tweaking bruh!!! Legit pissing me off😐

6. This week my comp bought a BINI collector chip bag set. It's like 200 pesos just for 4 bags of chips, but the main reason he bought it is the ✨️ photocard it comes with🤯. He's cooked!🤣

5. This week we had a teaching inside a Jollibee🍗🍚 she just can't meet in her crib so we did a full teaching @ Jollibee. Which is basically like doing it in McDonalds. It was chill, just be spreading the word anywhere🤷‍♂️

4. GAME 4!!!🏀 SGA my GOAT fr. Crazy good series can't lie, member threw on the highlights for us🙏 

3. Went on exchanges w/ Elder Kuno. He is from Papua New Guinea which is fire🔥 we got some good work done in his area

2. I cooked!!!👨‍🍳 This week I made adobo chicken🍗 I'm learning to cook Filipino food, it was actually fire adobo. Good eats fr. The nanays were telling me "pwede na magasawa" so i think it's good

1. ✌️Dalawa pa! Kirby and Eudelyn both made covenants with their Heavenly Father this Sunday!!!😇me and Freeman both baptized one so we both got to suit up fr. Both are YSA and we found them so randomly. Miracle findings that are now the newest members of Taguig Second Ward!!🙏

Espiritual na isip:

🎵🎶Hymn #2 The Spirit of God

This song is so fire, we sang it during the baptism earlier and the spirit was super strong.

Also Elder Uchtdorf's talk at this recent 2025 conference I really liked.

He talked about how he invited his friends to church and he wanted everything to be perfect, but it wasn't. Just like earlier today, and many times here in the Philippines, kids are loud, the piano doesn't work, the microphone sucks, etc.

But it doesn't take away from the spirit because the spirit can pierce through the crying of babies, and the awkwardness of me being the only one singing the hymns over a whisper. 😭 And the meeting can still be super powerful although it's not ideal or "perfect". 

I just was reminded of that talk earlier when the Bishop was giving closing remarks and doors were slamming, kids were running, people in the back talking, that the new members were focused and looking at him and I know that's the spirit they were feeling.

-------------------------------------------

Elder Tyson Smith











No comments:

Post a Comment