Monday, February 24, 2025

Taguig Area- Philippines: Week 1- Filipino New York

 ​​​​​Yooooo we are BACK!!!!


Probably the craziest week of my mission just because there were so many changes. But it's been so sick and the mission just keeps getting more fun, so I’m hyped.

Word of the week: epic 
This might be my new comps favorite word😭 

ESPN Top 10 Highlights of week:

10 This week I dipped out of my first area, I've been there for like 4 months so I was lowkey ready to move from that place, but it was pretty sad saying bye to my OGs. My first RCs and the super nice people. But we outta Tanay into the big world🗣‼️

9 My first meal here in Taguig was horrible. I got pork sisig which is chopped up pig face which is super risky. It's either fire or absolute buns. And ofc I got the fattiest, chewiest sisig ever. It was nasty. I was about to tackle the waiter cause it was expensive too😡 but a devastating first experience in Taguig.

8 This week before I transferred I requested going on exchanges with Elder Hamblin (an Elder in my MTC District) because I wanted to experience it. It was crazy😭 bro was falling asleep in the lessons and I let him lead a lesson… holy. It was fun though getting to hang with him for a day though, but bros trunky.😹 We got some all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ later that night and stayed up late.😭

7 I arrived Thursday in Taguig at my new apartment and it was so dirty! I walked in and was like bruh. So, for the first like 3 hours I was just sweeping and rearranging stuff which was a necessity because you won't catch me in a dirty house. I was Mr. Clean fr👨🏻‍🦲🧼

6 I did my first Baptism Interview and I was lowkey stressing on how it would go but it was with nanay Elena and she was super ready. She was probably more nervous than me😹 but it went well because she had been taught well and had no questions or concerns. She was just excited😁 and she got baptized yesterday!!

5 Before I left Tanay obvi I had to hit up JCD. My boy JC was there and he hooked it uppp. I was on the fence about buying but he sold me. So I purchased the Travis Scott Phantoms as my parting souvenir from Tanay. They're so sweet, except one Elder said “that's so Vegas of you” BOY🫲 what does that mean? Basically I'm gonna have infinite aura now roaming the streets. 

4 This last PDay in Tanay we went to some caves. I was pretty skeptical especially because Elder Aardema in MTC reminded me of the story of the dude that fell in a tight hole and they couldn't get him out and he just died there... so I was lowkey not tryna go but it was actually Fun. We did have to duck walk in a tunnel and then crawl on our belly in the tightest space ever.😖 Then we turned off all the lights and it was crazy complete darkness.😱

3 I moved areas and I'm now in the city zone, Taguig. Pretty much I'm in a concrete jungle and it's really confusing. I don't know where anything is yet and it's pretty loud with all the jeeps and motorcycles. There's also some scary dogs, straight out of Call of Duty Zombies. The people have been super nice though and the transportation is dirt cheap which is a relief😁, but yeah its a city so basically Filipino New York, jk it's not that big but whatever.

2 My new companion is Elder Maag. He's an American from Utah that just got out of training. So not much help with Tagalog, but I don't struggle talking to him. He likes to make music like his own beats and stuff and he's crazy at the guitar, which is cool. So yeah he's a chill guy and I'll try to help him out with his teachings and Tagalog while he guides me through the maze of apartments.

1 Um, so I got called as a District Leader😅 President didn't even give me any warning, just the day before I left Tanay he texted me when I was on exchanges with Hamblin. He had the phone and he was like "YOOOO WHAT??!?" But it's a little crazy cause I'm still kinda fresh in the mission but I'm hyped, DL is pretty sweet! I had my first council today and it went well even though I was lowkey stressing. But yeah this transfer is gonna be a lot of fun and I'm so hyped about this opportunity.

Spiritual thought:

DC 11:21
Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men.

I like this verse especially as a missionary. Everyday we have personal study time set apart in order to "obtain" the word of God and build our testimony, knowledge of the Gospel, and relationship with God. Personal study is one of my favorite parts of the day because daily time with God is super important and it's such a luxury here on the mission to have dedicated time set apart for that.

--------------

Yan lang,

Elder Tyson Smith🦍











No comments:

Post a Comment