Ayyyyyy what's good gang!!!
I swear we bought buko juice like actually daily. Oh my, it's so good. It's just some random dude selling it out of a cooler but it's fire.
ESPN Top 10 Highlights of the week:
10.
... We killed a cat. Meow meow meow meowww
It wasn't actually me, it was our jeep. Our jeep ran over a cat, and everyone on the jeep gasped and then we all saw him. It was super sad. RIP
9. Elder Brainard got soo sick
. Bro was puking his guts out the whole day. Felt bad for him, he looked so miserable. It was either from unpurified ice or some sus chicken curry that we ate the night before, I don't really know. We gave him a priesthood blessing and bought him food from Jollibee, but he didn't even want to eat. We had to do emergency exchanges for the day so we could invite their friends to church.
8. I gave my first ever talk in church here in the Philippines. It's because 2 of the 3 speakers didn't show up... so the Bishop asked me to speak. It actually went pretty well. I spoke for like 8 minutes just going off the dome basically. I talked about the Sacrament. 

7. We went to Mang Ingasal which is basically just grilled chicken with unlimited rice. Elder Pollard had 8 CUPS!!! Dude is insane. I had a chill 4 cups.
Then we went to a 4 STORY church building. It's crazy, there's a parking garage and it's super tall. We just ate our food in one of the air conditioned rooms.
6. I keep seeing a ton of dudes with a teardrop tattoo
I think I might be in the hood guys so send up a prayer for me rq. But it's all good because they already taught me their handshake, so I think we're in the clear.
5. We played Magic the Gathering
We had a sleepover at the other Elders house and he brought his magic cards. Apparently all 3 of them have played before and are really into it. So I kinda was the minority but it's alright, not complaining about that.
They were teaching me how I'm supposed to shuffle and apparently I wasn't "drawing my cards correctly". 
It was alright but I just wanted to sleep.
4. Guys we have to save this Nanay (mother)!! She's chatting with some guy from Africa who is 38, and she's 73!!!! He says he's coming here to meet her because she still looks "young and beautiful". I don't know what I should do, I'm like 80% sure it's a scam but idek what he wants. But she's already calling herself his wife.
She might be cooked.
3. ALSO this same Nanay said she's gonna punch me and Jackie Chan kick me... I'm not safe in this new area.
It's because I'm tryna save her from getting scammed and she got defensive. She's not serious because I know for a fact she isn't moving like Jackie Chan so I should be good.
2. I heard the new Kendrick Lamar this week!! It's chill, I miss SZA
. No wayy they're going on tour and I'm not gonna be there. We were legit teaching a 9 year old and he was "prompted" to turn on some of Kendrick's new album. Plus, he was playing ROBLOX, bros actually the Goat.
1. Mango Shakes!!
I am a fein for mango shakes. I've bought like one a day and the other day I got 2... broo I'm gonna get obese. I definitely would if I wasn't walking like 50 miles a day. Plus, my comp is no help, I'm trying to stay strong and he goes over to buy one and of course I cave instantly.
Espiritual na isip:
3 Nephi 18:7 - "And this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you."
The sacrament is really something I look forward to each week. Since my mission I've had a greater appreciation for it and I've been thinking about it a lot more. It's the most important thing we do each week to remember our Savior and the blood and body that he sacrificed for us.
------------------------------ -------------
Elder Tyson Smith



No comments:
Post a Comment